Kale, Cranberry and Millet DressingDecember 10, 2014
Thoughts to Ponder – January 2015January 3, 2015
Stuffed Pepper Soup
(Gluten & Dairy Free)
Hearty, comforting, warm, and incredibly flavorful!
Prep Time: 15min Cook Time: 30mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced (you can also use 1 can of diced tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add ground beef.
- Cook until browned.
- Add onions, pepper, tomatoes and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in cooked rice.