Thoughts to Ponder – January 2015January 3, 2015
Thoughts to Ponder – February 2015February 1, 2015
Baked Garlic Mushroom Chicken
Author Jenny Castaneda - Paleo Foodie Kitchen
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
- 1½ lbs chicken thighs, skin removed
- 8 oz of mushrooms (white or cremini), sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth or bone broth
- 8-10 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground dried sage
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a pan on high heat, add 1 tbsp of ghee and sear the chicken thighs for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the other 1 tbsp of ghee and garlic and saute for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and broth then stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Return the seared chicken thighs to the pan and make sure to distribute the mushrooms evenly around the chicken. Place the entire pan in the oven.
- Bake it for 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- To make the garlic mushroom sauce, separate the liquid, garlic and half of the mushrooms from the chicken and place it in a blender. Pulse until it turns into the consistency of gravy.
- Spoon it over the chicken and enjoy!