1-Pan Burrito Skillet
Makes 6 servings
2 tsp avocado, or olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced small
1 pound ground turkey, or grass fed beef
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium pinto, OR kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 cups prepared, low-sugar chunky salsa
1/2 cup water
3 Ezekiel, or sprouted grain tortillas, cut into strips
2 Tbsps colby jack, all-natural shredded cheese
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high and add onion, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the turkey, cook until nicely brown.
3. Add the seasonings, stirring to combine with the meat.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the beans, salsa, and water, stirring together and cooking at a low simmer for 4 minutes.
5. Gently stir in the tortilla strips, and cook about 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and add the cheese over the top.
7. Garnish with avocado, tomato, and green onions