An Absolutely Wonderful Soup for Fall: Spiced Lentil SoupOctober 5, 2016
Just Tell me What to DoNovember 7, 2016
Welcome to October! Hopefully you haven't found the transition of weather and responsibility to be too overwhelming. If you have felt at all unsettled we have several suggestions to keep you and your life working smoothly.
- Taking care of the physical:
- Simple Dinacharya:
- Tongue Scraping, done in the morning upon waking.
- Neti & Nasya Daily: Cleansing and oiling of the nose/sinuses.
- Abhyanga, Self-Massage with oil (Ayurvedic oils for this practice will soon be available at the studio!)
- Gentle, grounding asana:
- Sukhasana: simple seated pose
- Balasana: child's pose
- Vajrasana: lightening bolt pose (sit on your heels)
- Mortar and Pestle
- Malasana (Yogi's Squat)
- Supta Matsyendrasana: reclined twist
- Eating Warm, cooked food:
- Steamed or Roasted Veggies
- Stews and Soups
- Energetic practices:
- Nadi Shodhana
- Complete Exhalations
- Visualizations of earth connections: growing roots or imagining connecting pillars (I like the oldest standing stones in Scotland on the Orkney Islands)